I have friends in the Gun Left, and even a few in the Gun Right, who firmly believe that they have to have a large collection of dangerous weapons so that when the Forces of Repression or the International Socialist Order come marching up to their doors to lock them up in concentration camps, they can fight back for their freedom. Like this, I guess.
Only: The dozen or so rifles in your closet won't do much good up against the US Army, if that's who you fear -- and if you fear the International Socialist Order, relax: You'll get free health care.
Of course, we all know that the only thing stopping a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, so: We need armed guards in every office building, and in every urologist's office, and on the streets of Chicago. Wait -- we already have cops in Chicago. And in Oakland. And still.
Most Commented On
- Sorry, Guest, but I've been using PG&E for 20 years and have - June 19, 2013
- I agree, Lucretia, it's like a veil has been lifted over SFBG - June 19, 2013
- It is not an acceptable "risk" to not be paid - June 19, 2013
- PG&E? Benign? - June 19, 2013
- If your idea is that a paper makes endorsements regardless of - June 19, 2013
- Man this article and these comments are awesome - June 19, 2013
- Good God, Ann, what rock have you been hiding under? - June 19, 2013
- Sorry, "h. brown" but your name means nothing to me so - June 19, 2013
- Message: The Guardian's endorsements are the publisher's - June 19, 2013
- Vogt made his fortune in ad fixing scams - June 19, 2013